Back to News & Events
Monaghan Institute Students and Staff Celebrate Green Day
Date: 17/05/2022 / Author: Martina Rooney
On Friday, 13 May 2022 , Monaghan Institute and the wider Cavan and Monaghan Education and Training Board (CMETB) community celebrated GREEN DAY to promote our Energy Awareness and Climate Action Campaign.
To mark the occasion MI students and staff:
- Created a wildflower patch
- Planted a tree to commemorate the 2021-2022 Students’ Union members
- Completed weeding and planting around the college
- Swapped plants, flowers and vegetables with colleagues
- And finally, had some ‘healthy breakfast snacks’ and ‘not so healthy’ treats!
Reduce Energy. Reduce Waste. Keep our Earth Strong.