MI Sports Scholarships 2018/19
Monaghan Institute has a limited number of Sports Scholarships available, which are open to all learners registered on Monaghan Institute full time courses – FET Courses, Traineeships and Apprenticeships. The scholarships reward excellence and encourage outstanding performance in a variety of fields. Scholarships are provided in recognition of talented sports athletes. Applicants should have already displayed their outstanding potential having participated at an advanced level in their particular sport e.g. National, International, Inter-provincial, representative leagues or inter-county level. Any sporting discipline is welcome to apply (including but not limited to the following examples – Boxing, Gaelic football, Soccer, Basketball or Irish Dancing).
Terms and Conditions
- Ensure you are currently performing at the highest possible level in your sporting discipline (written/verbal reference from relevant referees may be requested, if selected, confirming such. It is not permissible to have a family member as your reference).
- Complete all sections of the online application form by no later than 4.00 pm on Friday 14th December 2018.
- Applications must be registered as full time students of Monaghan Institute – PLC Course/Traineeship/Apprenticeship.
- All applicants must have paid relevant course fees in full for the academic year to be eligible.(In exceptional cases, if course fees are outstanding and you are deemed otherwise eligible, the relevant awarded bursary will be firstly used to go towards payment of outstanding course fees).
- Scholarships will be awarded in instalments over the academic year, subject to satisfactory course attendance, application in chosen sporting pursuit and representing the college in relevant competitions and promotion activities.
- The award of a scholarship will not disadvantage any applicant in their academic studies within the college.
- Should you cease your studies within your course area at Monaghan Institute, you will not be eligible for any remaining/outstanding scholarship payments.
- If awarded a scholarship you will be expected to complete relevant PR activities as requested by Monaghan Institute.
- As part of the award you will be expected to develop your sport within the college where possible.
- Successful candidates shall be free from injury at time of commencement of Scholarship programme.
- Scholarship holders progressing to a second year of study may apply for the renewal of the Sport Scholarship (automatic renewal will not apply). Maximum number of years for which MI Sport Scholarships can be awarded to any student is two.
- Awardees shall agree to the” Terms and Conditions” of the scholarship and sign a “Statement of Agreement”.
To apply for a MI Sports Scholarship complete the application form available at: https://goo.gl/forms/843wyGPFq3tZfXM23.
Applications must be completed no later than 4.00 pm on Friday 14th December 2018.