Leaving Cert Students, Monaghan Institute’s Pre-University Programmes are another way to access your preferred course at third level
Best of luck to all Leaving Certificate students awaiting their results on Friday 3rd September. We understand that this can be a time of great celebration and challenge.
Maybe you are unclear about which College Course is right for you and would like to complete a preparation Course? If this is the case, Monaghan Institute, your local Further Education College, is there to support students in accessing the correct pathway to University.
We have a suite of QQI Pre-University programmes commencing this September, which are becoming increasingly popular and assist students in accessing their preferred degree choice at third level, next year. Study:
- Pre-University Animal & Agri-Sciences
- Pre-University Arts
- Pre-University Business & Accounting
- Pre-University Computing
- Pre-University Health, Social Studies & Psychology
- Pre-University Tourism & Hospitality Management
- Pre-University Sports Studies
- The programmes enable learners to gain a foundation level of knowledge in their chosen field with a focus on progression to degrees. As university preparation courses they include many benefits:
- They boost your skills and confidence before you begin more intensive study as part of degree programme.
- You become familiar with routine college skills including, research skills, referencing, management of continuous assessment and assignment development.
- Our Courses are short – typically no longer than one year. They also contain vocational placements, which is beneficial for UCAS applications.
- Universities have increased programme links and reserved places for our QQI learners in recognition of the value of this route to Higher Education.
If you think a Pre-University Course may be the correct option for you this year or would like to find out more about the courses, contact the dedicated staff team at Monaghan Institute who will support you with your questions.
Find out more and APPLY NOW to secure your place this September.