APPLY NOW to study at Monaghan Institute in September 2022 – with many NEW progressive courses on offer – Your Future Starts Here
Monaghan Institute is a Further Education centre of excellence located in Monaghan town. For 30 years, Monaghan Institute has been offering an ever-expanding range of further education and training courses to learners from the locality and further afield. Courses available include: Digital Media & Web Design, Liberal Arts, Computer Software & Games Design, Business & Office Administration, Early Learning & Care, Nursing, Healthcare, Applied Social Studies, Travel & Tourism, Sport & Recreation, Engineering, Animal Science, Beauty Therapy, Hairdressing, plus a suite of very successful Pre-University Programmes.
In 2022, Monaghan Institute will commence offering the following NEW courses to students:
- Biomedical Science with links to PE Teaching, which is a relevant field currently and in greater demand than some sciences. Graduates of this course may also pursue a career as a PE teacher after completing this award.
- Food Science and Nutrition, which is very relevant in the Monaghan region due to continual recruitment drives from food industry leaders such as Monaghan Mushrooms, Lakeland Dairies and Silver Hill foods.
- Pre-University Education and Teaching, a course ideal for both school leavers and experienced mature learners seeking the necessary preparation to progress to degree level studies in the education field.
- Pre-University Law with Business, an opportunity for learners to study several different branches of Law and Business to discover the area that interests them most to pursue at degree level.
- The Stage 1 Advanced Certificate in Early Learning and Care, which is the new professional standard award for those wishing to work in the early learning and care setting.
The College has fully equipped practical rooms, science and IT labs, Multi-media laboratories, two hi-spec iMac labs, a Hairdressing Salon, Beauty Therapy rooms, a Dog Grooming Parlour, Nursing Practical room, Electrical and Engineering Workshops. In addition, there are regular/general classrooms, tiered lecture halls, a library, consulting rooms, restaurant and study areas. The Institute also has access to the Garage Theatre on the campus, and shared use of a Sports Hall with a fitness suite. In summary, it is a first-class facility, which staff and students are delighted to be part of. If you haven’t had an opportunity to visit the MI campus our Open Day takes place on 10th March, 2022 and we would be delighted to show you around.
Leading certification authorities such as QQI, VTCT(ITEC), City & Guilds, MOS, SEC and CompTIA ensure that learners completing one-year or two-year courses at Monaghan Institute may obtain qualifications of the highest standard. The range of courses available provides a comprehensive and professional education for learners who then have enhanced opportunities to enter the workforce or proceed to further study at Institutes of Technology, Further Education Colleges or Universities. Employers who seek graduates from our courses speak highly of our training programmes.
Applications for 2022-23 courses that start in September are currently being accepted. The first round of applications will close on 28th February 2022. Applications received after this date will be processed in the second round of offers. If you have any queries, we can also be contacted via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone: 047-84900.